Human Resources incorporates a number of interrelated job functions with a primary mission of recruiting, selecting, and retaining qualified employees who will assist the organization in achieving their goals and objectives. In this course, you will gain the foundational knowledge necessary to help your organization reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues. This program is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, planning to make a career change into an HR position, or performing HR duties as a part of a non-HR job. Recently updated content reflects changes in legislation and provides an overview of HR roles and responsibilities.
Developed by SHRM, the world’s largest HR association and leading advocate for HR professionals, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources is the first introductory level HR program to incorporate components of the SHRM BoCK and provide insight into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of effective HR professionals around the world. While this program doesn’t prepare you for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification exam, it helps set the stage for those interested in pursuing certification.
For training subsidies, please call 808.956.8400.
- Human Resource Fundamentals: Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
Learner OutcomesThis program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Create a stronger alignment between your organizational and HR goals.
- Built your knowledge of HR practices.
- Apply newly learned HR knowledge to practical activities similar to those required on the job.
- Plan for ways to transfer the knowledge and skills learned from training to on-the-job tasks.
For all other questions, contact Lance Haga, (808) 956-9249, Outreach College Professional Programs.
Participants must have a reliable Wi-Fi/Internet connection as well as a device to join. We highly encourage participants to join with a video camera to help promote an engaging and interactive class for all participants.
Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from the Zoom Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click on the link, which will be provided to you prior to the online seminar. You will also receive a digit-number (pass code), which is necessary to join the webinar. If you are joining the webinar via telephone, you will need the teleconferencing number provided in the invite, which will be emailed to you. For more information on how to join a Zoom meeting, click here. You can also find Zoom's system requirements here.