BOC 1003: Efficient Lighting Fundamentals covers lighting fundamentals and the types of lighting for energy efficient lighting systems.
Learn principles of efficient lighting, including evaluation of lighting levels, quality and maintenance, lighting fixture and control technologies, common upgrades, retrofit and redesign options, and management strategies as they apply to space use and function. A Lighting Survey and Lighting Retrofit Case Study assignment will have to be submitted prior to the next course, BOC 1004 HVAC Controls Fundamentals.
BOC 1003 may be taken as stand-alone course or as a course for the Level I Building Operator Certification. To qualify for Building Operator Training Certification of Completion, BOC 1003: Efficient Lighting Fundamentals must be completed with BOC 1001, 1002, 1004, 1005, 1006, and 1009.
For training subsidies, please call 808.956.8400.
Who Should Attend
- Building operators and maintenance workers
- Facility managers, engineers and support staff
- Mechanical and electrical contractors who support chiller plants
- HVAC technicians, electricians, operations technicians and supervisors
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- Describe the fundamentals of light and the principles of energy efficient lighting.
- Identify the technology behind modern lighting equipment, including, lamps, ballasts, luminaires, and controls.
- Discuss how energy efficient lighting strategies are implemented.
- Describe O & M procedures for lighting systems in typical commercial spaces.
- Identify possible lighting retro-fit options for typical commercial spaces.
- Recall utility programs that can help with energy efficiency projects.
- Conduct a lighting survey for a space or building.