Retro-commissioning is a process to improve an existing building’s performance. Using a whole-building systems approach, retro-commissioning identifies operational improvements that will increase occupant comfort, save energy, and provide cost savings. The process can be performed alone or with a retrofit project. Retro-commissioning (RCx) offers managers a customizable plan and tools to evaluate how a facility is currently operating, identify specific opportunities for improvement, and then how to implement solutions for optimal efficiency.
For training subsidies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808.956.9249.
- Establishing a team, prioritizing and setting goals, defining a scope of work, implementation of the (RCx) plan
- Establishing energy conservation measures
- Measurement and verification
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have better knowledge and skills to develop a plan that results in energy saving for their existing buildings. Participants will also learn about financial incentives that are available for utility rate payers that can offset the up-front costs of retro-commissioning a building.
NotesThe course qualifies for 7 BOC Credential Maintenance Points (each classroom hour equates to 1 point). For more information on BOC Credential Maintenance Points visit: http://www.theboc.info/continuing-education/maintaining-credentials/activities-points-chart/
RecommendationsWHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Energy, plant, and facility managers (Commercial, Industrial, Military)
- Current and previous BOC course participants
- Property owners and managers