Course DescriptionCybersecurity is all the buzz now, especially as organizations have gone virtual and are working remotely. The security of a company’s intellectual property, access to assets, as well as the explosion of the Internet of Things (IoT) have brought security to the forefront of business discussions. How, then, do you build security into daily operations and projects without being an IT expert? This course will address the key issues, concerns, and requirements of cybersecurity so you can focus on the success of your business and feel more secure in your endeavors.
- Fundamental cybersecurity terms and concepts
- The process of understanding and identifying principal security requirements and their integration into an organization’s solutions
- Tools and techniques to help determine an organization’s security needs
- The application of risk strategies to both projects and operational work
By taking this course, participants will be able to:
- Define key cybersecurity terms and their importance to today’s organizations
- Identify key security requirements necessary for continued organizational success
- Identify tools and techniques to aid in defining security requirements and working with project-based teams
- Define optimal risk strategies and approaches for business continuity
Who Should Attend?
- Business professionals – mid to senior managers responsible for decision- making
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- Business operations staff who work on projects, especially large-scale projects
- IT staff who wish to expand their security knowledge
The content of this Outreach College course offering aligns with the SHRM BoCK. Outreach College is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®, and this program is valid for 7.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.