Computer technology moves at an incredible pace and the speed of change can often lead to confusion and insecurity among users. In particular, the amount of online collaborative tools that are available and ready for use may be overwhelming. These tools, however, are vital to the success of organizations, allowing for less dependence on email (time savings!), increased flexibility, and ease and efficiency of workflow.
Participants in this course will be introduced to and become familiar with a number of online applications for team collaboration. Ultimately they will be able to use and apply these collaborative tools beyond their current technical skills. (Example tools may include: video recording applications, such as VoiceThread, ScreenRec, Screencast-O-Matic, and OBS Studio; video screencasting, such as Loom and Screencastify; project management, such as Wrike, Slack, and Discord; and Cloud servers, such as Google Drive.
- Recognizing the specifics of online collaborative tools
- Addressing technical limitations
- Building collaborative and supportive environments
- Technology ownership in an ever-changing world
As a result of participating in this course students will be able to:
- Identify a variety of and differences between online tools for group collaboration
- Draw upon available resources in order to improve personal technical skills
- Learn how to apply effective team building strategies through online technology tools
The content of this Outreach College course offering aligns with the SHRM BoCK. Outreach College is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®, and this program is valid for 7.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Who should attend?
- Executives of large and small businesses, managers, and supervisors
- Those needing to upskill their abilities to use virtual tools to collaborate in any field or profession (such as the healthcare sector, education, and military)
- Novices in online collaboration tools
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Series
- Certificate in Virtual Collaboration : Certificate in Virtual Collaboration