Computer technology moves at an incredible pace and the speed of that change can often lead to confusion and insecurity among users. In particular, the amount of online collaborative tools that are available and ready for use can be easily viewed as overwhelming.
Participants of this course will not only be introduced to and become familiarized with a number of online applications for team collaboration, but will also be able to develop an understanding of how to effectively use and apply these collaborative tools beyond the level of their technical skills.
- Recognizing the specifics of online collaborative tools
- Addressing technical limitations
- Building collaborative and supporting environments
- Technology ownership in an ever changing world
- Video recording applications: Loom, VoiceThread, ScreenRec, Screencast-O-Matic, OBS studio
- Video Screencasting: Loom, Screencastify
- Project Management: Wrike, Slack, Discord
- Cloud servers: Google Drive
- As a result of participating in this course students will be able to:
- Identify a variety of online tools for group collaboration and the differences between similar online tools
- Draw upon available resources in order to improve personal technical skills
- Learn how to apply effective team building strategies through online technology tools
Who should attend?
- Large and small business executives, managers, and supervisory figures
- Those needing to upskill their abilities to use virtual tools to collaborate (in any field or profession such as the healthcare sector, education, military)
- Novices in online collaboration tools