Business writing, when done well, makes you stand out at your job and improves your professionalism.
The modern workplace is driven by a rapidly changing economy, new technologies, and the need to communicate with a variety of audiences from all over the globe. Writing is the medium that allows us to connect to the wider world. However, the key to crafting these connections is understanding the intricacies involved in speaking and writing with precision.
This course will teach you the tools, techniques, and strategies for effective and precise writing in various business settings. You will also learn to identify, correct, and avoid common writing pitfalls and gain valuable experience analyzing, writing, and revising a spectrum of business-based documents, including formal letters, proposals, emails, memos, and minutes.
You will be asked to complete assignments during class time independently, in pairs, and in small groups for sharing with your classmates.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the principles of effective business writing in composing business-based documents with an awareness of the reader’s needs and the recipient’s overall experience.
- Adapt business correspondences to a particular context, purpose, and audience with a mindfulness of our increasingly globalized society.
- Understand the nature and functions of strong and effective business writing.
- Embrace the importance of always writing with an eye for precision.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals already working within the business world looking to brush up on writing skills and formal business writing etiquette.
- Employers and managers looking to create a more polished professional presence to as to influence others—employees, colleagues, and counterparts—in a more positive manner.
- Office personnel who enjoy writing and wish to become more skillful in this area, especially within the context of appropriate business writing.
- Anyone interested in developing their skills as a writer of standard documents created within any formal business setting.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Series
- Certificate in Professional Writing : Certificate in Professional Writing