Business writing, when done well, makes you stand out at your job and improves your professionalism.
The modern workplace is driven by a rapidly changing economy, new technologies, and the need to communicate with a variety of audiences from all over the globe. Writing is the medium that allow us to connect to the wider world. However, key for crafting these connections is understanding the intricacies involved in speaking and writing with precision.
Participants will be asked to complete assignments during the class time independently, in pairs, and in small groups for sharing with others and to invite discussion and impact the direction of instruction.
By the end of this course you will help you to:
- Apply the principles of effective business writing in composing business-based documents with an awareness of the reader’s needs and the recipient’s overall experience.
- Adapt business correspondences to a particular context, purpose, and audience, with a mindfulness of our increasingly globalized society.
- Understand the nature and functions of strong and effective business writing.
- Embrace the importance of always writing with an eye for precision.
You will also learn to identify, correct, and avoid common writing pitfalls and gain valuable experience analyzing, writing and revising a spectrum of business-based documents that include formal letters, proposals, emails, memos, and minutes.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals already working within the business world looking to brush up on writing skills and formal business writing etiquette.
- Employers and managers looking to create a more polished professional presence to as to influence others—employees, colleagues, and counterparts—in a more positive manner.
- Office personnel who enjoy writing and wish to become more skillful in this area, especially within the context of appropriate business writing.
- Anyone interested in developing his or her skills as a writer of standard documents created within any formal business setting.