Project management is a key workplace skill for managers, team leaders, and members of a project team that has significantly increased in importance and recognition in the recent years. Projects are the primary mechanism for organizational transformation and improvement, and the concepts and tools of project management can be applied across all business areas, including non-profit and government sectors. This two-day course will provide the basic concepts of project management to help participants build their skills to plan and manage their own successful projects as well as be effective leaders and valuable team members of larger projects.
For training subsidies, please call 808.956.8400.
- What is a project? Key Concepts
- The role of a project manager
- Initiating a project (Chartering a project, Stakeholder identification and analysis)
- Planning a project (Developing a project plan, Project objectives, Deliverables, Scope, High level schedule, Project budget, Responsibility assignments, Communication plan, Risk Management planning)
- Executing a project (Direct and manage project work, Develop project team)
- Monitoring a project (Status meetings, Status reporting, Perform Integrated Change Control, Managing project risk)
- Closing a project (Close project or phase, Lessons learned)
- Trends and emerging practices - Considerations for Waterfall and Agile / Adaptive Environments
Who Should Attend?
- Students and working professionals that would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of Project Management
- Those that are new to Project Management but would like to take advantage of this growing area in popularity, career opportunities and recognition
- Everyone interested in learning about Project Management and would like to build a foundation for further developing their PM skills, including later obtaining the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Those who would like to become more effective leaders and be valuable members of project teams
- Those that want to complete successful projects on time, on budget, and within scope with the highest possible quality.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Series
- Certificate of Project Management : Required Courses