Course DescriptionWith the many changes in technology, elevator products and marketplace, the elevator industry is transforming faster every day. This one-day class will focus on changes in elevator products and the technological advances over the past 15 years. With the rise in aging buildings in the State of Hawaii, elevator modernization is becoming critical for many Building Owners.
- Elevator types
- Modernization defined
- The “Ws” of modernization
- Emergency planning and procedure
- Modernization details
- This course will cover elevator modernization processes and the related building work which must be completed in order to adhere to the recently adopted code changes in 2010.
- Representatives from elevator companies will discuss modernization details such as historical building and procedures, product applications, the latest technology, and code compliance.
NotesThe course qualifies for 7 BOC Credential Maintenance Points (each classroom hour equates to 1 point). For more information on BOC Credential Maintenance Points visit: http://www.theboc.info/continuing-education/maintaining-credentials/activities-points-chart/
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Facility Managers
- Property Managers
- Condominium Managers and Board Members
- BOMA and IFMA members
- BOC alumni