Though probably the most pervasive tool for data analytics, spreadsheets are the most underutilized. This workshop will examine how to develop a structured model and set up data in Microsoft Excel to maximize the analytics that can be performed, including modeling with influence charts, design patterns, assurance, and conventions. Participants will learn best practices for constructing effective and confident analytical spreadsheets, setting up pivot tables and pivot charts. Participants will also learn how to visualize data accurately and to create data stories geared for their intended audience.
For training subsidies, please call 808.956.8400.
Familiar with the following Excel functions including
- Absolute and relative cell references and ranges
- Copy-paste and cell reference, non-contiguous selection, select to empty cell, paste-special
- Auto-increment and knobs
- Data types and formatting
- Documentation search and formulas
- Basic charts and graphs
- Data tables: reference, index, sort, filter, Pivot tables
- Basic Math, Statistical, and Trigonometry functions
- Basic lookup and reference functions
Who should attend?
- Managers responsible for data related activities or functions that rely on data analysis
- Professionals who work with data analysts or who do data analysis on their own
- Data analysts wishing to broaden their understand of applied data analytics