Learn how to make learning easier, faster and more rewarding!
Enhancing your learning capacity is key to becoming a successful leader and invaluable employee. Whether you are just starting out in your career, returning to learning, a seasoned professional, or anywhere in-between, this strengths-based workshop will help you view your own learning process in a new way, and apply that awareness to your work. You will discover ways to apply evidenced-based strategies to acquire and retain new information, and how to actively engage with new material, rather than passively attempt to absorb it. And, as a “self-learner”, you will be more equipped to offer new, innovative solutions to your organization.
Join us for this engaging class and be inspired to help yourself be a better, self-directed, and more efficient lifelong learner.
- What is “Lifelong Learning”?
- Identify your learning goal
- Tackling procrastination
- A strengths-based approach to learning: How do you learn best?
- How to use diffuse and focused learning strategies
- How memory works
- How to make learning stick: tips and tricks
- What about multi-tasking?
- Averting the illusion of competence
- Harnessing the wisdom of the team
- Balancing life and learning
- Creating a learning plan
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify one professional development goal, and the method(s) you will use to attain that goal
- Understand how humans process new information
- Describe at least two tips on becoming a more efficient learner
- Discover new professional development and/or lifelong learning resources
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Series
- Certificate in Leadership and Management : Certificate in Leadership and Management