Learn how to make learning easier, faster and more rewarding!
Enhancing your learning capacity is key to becoming a successful leader and invaluable employee. Whether you are just starting out in your career, returning to learning, a seasoned professional, or anywhere in-between, this strengths-based workshop will help you view your own learning process in a new way, and apply that awareness to your work. You will discover ways to apply evidence-based strategies to acquire and retain new information, and learn how to actively engage with new material, rather than passively attempt to absorb it. And, as a “self-directed learner”, you will be more equipped to offer new, innovative solutions to your organization as well as in your personal life.
Join us for this engaging class and be inspired to help yourself be a better, self-directed, and more efficient lifelong learner.
- What is “Lifelong Learning”?
- Identify your learning goal
- Tackling procrastination
- A strengths-based approach to learning: How do you learn best?
- How to use diffuse and focused learning strategies
- How memory works
- How to make learning stick: tips and tricks
- What about multi-tasking?
- Averting the illusion of competence
- Harnessing the wisdom of the team
- Balancing life and learning
- Creating a learning plan
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify one professional development goal, and the method(s) you will use to attain that goal
- Understand how humans process new information
- Describe at least two tips on becoming a more efficient learner
- Discover new professional development and/or lifelong learning resources
Applies Towards the Following Certificates or Series
- Certificate in Leadership and Management : Certificate in Leadership and Management