This interactive class provides essential tools to help you manage daily professional challenges in a positive way. You will learn how to use evidence-based strategies grounded in Positive Psychology that, with practice, will help you flourish within an organizational setting. Discover effective strategies to use your personal strengths in order to develop your leadership style, cultivate better professional relationships among you and your team, and to foster greater resilience in the face of adversity.
Positive Psychology is a scientifically-based branch of psychology, pioneered by Martin E.P. Seligman from the University of Pennsylvania. Traditionally, we focus on what’s not working, and then try to fix it. Applied to business, Positive Psychology requires a shift to a strengths-based approach in order to help individuals, teams, and organizations as a whole thrive even while addressing challenges.
If you believe that being happy at work is equally as important as, and contributes to (as the evidence suggests) the bottom line, then the tools of Positive Psychology will help put your beliefs into action. Whether you are early in your career, a manager or a CEO, taking this course will help you flourish in your job, foster positive outcomes for your organization, while elevating your own level of happiness, resilience, career/life satisfaction, and wellbeing.
The class is designed to be interactive, engaging, and fun in order to enhance retention and application beyond the classroom setting.
- Recognize, and capitalize on, core strengths in yourself and others (a win-win)
- How explanatory style effects performance, motivation, and work satisfaction
- Growth versus fixed mindset
- The power of grit
- The powerful impact of gratitude and appreciation at work
- Work callings: creating meaning at work
- Create a more compassionate workplace culture
- Use positive psychology to cultivate leadership skills
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of Positive Psychology, and how they can be used to make professional relationships and endeavors more satisfying and constructive
- Use tools of Positive Psychology to approach a current situation in your work with greater optimism, resilience, and grit
- Learn how to identify and use your core strengths to enhance your leadership style
- Explain the concepts of “grit” and “growth mindset” and how to use them to enhance your own professional success and that of your team
- Identify print and on-line resources for further study
Who Should Attend:
- Business professionals in supervisory positions looking to increase productivity within their organization
- Those needing to effect positive change and boost team motivation
- Individuals wanting to indentify their core strengths and increase their resilience