“Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” – Thomas Edison
Project Management skills are in demand by the vast majority of positions regardless of industry or title. Professionals who earn University of Hawaii of Manoa Outreach College’s Project Management Certificate demonstrate relevant skills, a breadth of knowledge, and commitment to development in the project management field.
To earn your certifiate, complete the required 0025 Project Management Basics as well as 3 of the elective offerings. Taught by highly experienced practitioners in the project management profession, courses focus on the techniques, tools, and trends in project management.
Who Will Benefit?
The Certificate of Project Management is intended for project managers new to the field of Project Management.
- Learn key project management processes and concepts
- Get tools and templates you can use immediately at work
- Discuss real-world scenarios that have immediate relevance to your career
- Stay current with the development and changes in the PM profession
- Earn 37.5 Professional Development Units (PDUs) recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI®)*
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in project management are expected to grow faster than average (6%). The average salary for project management specialists in Hawaii is $75,420-$83,250, with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) noting that project-management-oriented professionals earn 82% more than professionals in other fields.
Employers for project-oriented jobs
PMI® notes that (through 2027), healthcare is the leading sector (17% growth), followed by manufacturing & construction, information services, finance & insurance, and management & professional services.
- Completion of Project Management Basics core course
- Completion of a minimum of 3 elective seminars
Once you have completed the certificate coursework, notify Outreach College's Continuing and Professional Programs to request your certificate. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 956-9249. After your record has been reviewed, your certificate will be emailed to you.
There are no prerequisites for the Certificate of Project Management, but a bachelor's degree is recommended.
For questions, please email email@example.com or call (808) 956-9249.
* “PMI” is a registered trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc.